Friday, January 7, 2011

Chapters - 2011

Happy New Year!
As 2011 begins and I think about the new chapter that will soon be beginning in my life I am so excited! However, I also can’t help but think about the one that is ending. It is a chapter that I have truly loved. Matthew and I returned Monday from our Christmas trip to Colorado. It was a wonderful, relaxing and much needed vacation and I tried to savor every moment that Matthew and I spent doing what we wanted to do when we wanted to do it, just the two of us. It is thrilling and frightening to me that the drive home to Colorado will never be the same, powering through a twelve hour trip that will never be just a twelve hour trip again. It is thrilling and frightening that we will no longer be able to lie in bed the two of us on a Saturday morning till ten with nothing to do but cuddle and talk (at least not for a very long time), and it is thrilling and frightening that in just a couple weeks we will be responsible for another little life twenty four hours a day seven days a week. I am scared of change, and I know this new chapter will not just be a change in my life but will also change me. But I also know that just like the life changing chapter that I began with Matthew two and a half years ago it will be an unbelievably wonderful change. Therefore, I suppose that instead of change I should call this chapter a new adventure because adventures are something you begin with eager anticipation and hope. Adventures sound like a fun and exciting unknown with a little scary thrown in. So, although I will miss the chapter of my life that is just two of us, “Bring on this new ADVENTURE that is three!”

January 7, 2011



Be Joyful Always, Pray Continually;
Give Thanks In All Circumstances,
For This Is God's Will For You In Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18